CTR or Click-Through-Rate is the rate of internet users who have viewed your ad to the user’s impression on that ad. In other words, CTR is number of clicks by number of impressions. In this article, I will be talking about what is CTR and how does it impacts the SEO of your website.
Let’s dig right in
CTR works on the principle of conversions. Conversion means how many visitors actually purchase your products after clicking on an ad. It helps in understanding how many visitors are actually interested in the information that you are providing about your products and services. CTR is a great method to find out your ad effectiveness.
Now let’s talk about CTR in a little detail
What is CTR or Click-Through-Rate?
This the era of digitization where you can find everything online. This has brought a revolution in the advertising industry. Those days are long gone when advertisements were published in the newspaper or large hoardings were put on the billboard. Now is the time of online advertising. Businesses are trying to accommodate themselves with these changes. This is very beneficial for their business as well because the target audience is in millions on the internet. Not getting positive results from your advertising campaign? Get in touch with Digital Marketing Agency in San Francisco for top notch online advertising services.
CTR is a great tool to determine how your ads are performing so that necessary changes can be made to them. Here are some of the features of CTR:
- The main role of CTR is to tell the ratio of number of visitors and number of impressions on that ad.
- With CTR, you can easily determine how many visitors have seen your ad.
- CTR also tells you about how many conversions happen, how many visitors are seeing, clicking, and making a purchase.
- CTR is beneficial for both advertisers and publishers. Both of them will earn large revenues when the CTR is high. Advertisers will benefit from the number of conversions they get.
- It also helps you in determining the effectiveness of your ad campaign. If you are getting high CTR then this mean that your ad campaign is performing successfully. On the other hand, if you are not getting high CTR on your ads, then that means your ad is underperforming.
- Previous factor brings us to our next point. When you don’t get good CTR, it lets you improve the areas where you were lacking. It let you know the areas of improvement. When you know the shortcomings, you can redesign your ad campaign to get maximum conversions, in turn, high CTR.
- CTR also helps you in measuring the performance of your email marketing ad campaign. If you are getting good clicks on the link that you sent your audience by email, that means your email marketing campaign is successful. Here are 10 Best Tips to Improve Email Marketing
- You have to put your ads at the right place in order to get high CTR. Place your ads at the most relevant space in the search engine results page.
- While placing ad, you should attach some strong keywords with your ad to attract more visitors. This will also enhance the chances of conversion.
Let’s briefly talk about SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a great online tool to draw organic traffic to your website. This traffic is organic and natural. SEO helps in improving the ranking of your website. It also helps in getting the maximum visitors on your website which may transform into your potential customers. SEO is very useful for blogs, website or e-commerce site. SEO helps you increase the visibility of your website in the SERPs. Not sure how to make an effective SEO strategy? Digital Marketing Agency in Dallas will help you out.
It helps your site show up in the first page of SERPs whenever someone search something related to your site on the search engine. This brings good traffic to your site and is also beneficial to improve conversion rate of your site. You can improve your SEO by producing quality and useful content, using Meta tags, alt tags, posting consistently, using keywords, and information update.
Now let’s see how CTR impacts SEO of your website
How CTR impacts the SEO of your website?
CTR is one of the helpful metrics that can help you in improving your ranks. SEO is a method which helps you rank your website higher in the SERPs. There are many tactics in SEO which can help you draw traffic to your website. And, CTR as I previously mentioned helps in determining the effectiveness of an ad campaign. You can say an ad campaign is successful if it gets higher CTR.
There is a whole lot of debate on whether or not CTR impacts the SEO of a website. Some experts say it does while others think opposite. So, we can say that SEO is an unpredictable factor in SEO. It is important to focus on CTR of your ad campaign but at the same time you should not entirely depend on CTR for the SEO of your website.
You must equally focus on other tactics of SEO as well. Focusing on CTR is important because it tells you how many visitors you are getting on your ad, and how many of them are converting. When you have good number of people clicking on your ad, it increases the traffic and eventually helps in improving the rank of your site in the SERPs.
When your site ranks higher in the search results, it gets more traffic and the chances of conversion increases as well. However, it can’t be concluded that CTR plays a huge role in improving your SEO ranking. But, yes it does impact it to a certain extent.
The bottom line
So, what we can conclude here is that you should neither overlook CTR nor make it the sole character in your SEO strategy. You should give it necessary attention to check the effectiveness of your ad campaign as well as check the conversion rate. Because if there is any change that is required to improve your ad campaign, then with the help of CTR you can do it.
Need professional digital marketing services? You can reach out to Digital Marketing Agency in New York.